The Nationalpark Åsnenis one of the largest fishing lakes in southern Sweden.
The lake has more than 1000 islands, many fjords and inlets providing diversity and variation.
Inthe lake you can catch such pike, perch, pike and eels.
Åsnen has arich fish fauna. We have 14 species of fish! The availability of pike in Åsnen is very good.
LakeÅsnen average depth is 3.1 m, is thus very shallow lake. It's maximumdepth is 14.2 meters deep but the areas are small in extent. Åsnen isamoderately eutrophic lake.
Rules for fishing in the lake Åsnen and Hönshyltefjorden
- The fishinglicence is only valid for fishingrods and maximum 10 hooks
- The fishinglicence is a familylicence valid for husband/wife and children under 16 years in company with a parent.
- The licence is valid in the specified area and is not transferable. It must be shown on demand.
- When trolling (dragging behind the motorboat) a maximum of two fishing rods are permitted per licence.
- Catching pike-perch is forbidden the whole month of May.
- White fish and perch should not be returned into the lake.
-Allfishermen are asked to respect privately owned jetties, beachesandother permanent equipment (such as nets, fishing traps, etc). Theyshould also show respect and follow the general demands made by thepublic rights of access code.
- Respect the prohibition of landing on islands with signs of protected area for birds during the 1 April - 31 July.
|Pike-perch 45 cm||Eel 65 cm||Pike 50 cm|
Prices for fishing licence in Åsnen and Hönshyltefjorden
One year licence, entire lake Åsnen
|Monthly licence |
entire lake Åsnen
|Weekly licence only Hönshyltefjorden|
|Daily licence entire Åsnen (not including Hönshyltefjorden fisching area)|
|Daily licence only Hönshyltefjorden fisching area|